Monday, July 25, 2011

Meet Mrs. V

Hi! My name is Mrs. Vavruska, but I love being called Mrs. V.  I am thrilled to start my second year at Monday Primary School as a first grade teacher!  I am especially excited to be YOUR teacher!  I know this year will be amazing, but before we get started I want you to know a little bit more about me. 

I was born and raised in Florida, but I have called California, Hawaii, and now Texas home.  I am the oldest in my family and have a little brother named Nicholas who lives in Florida.  I attended the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, Florida...Go Ospreys!!! I majored in Elementary Education and earned my Bachelor of Arts Degree in Elementary Education in 2000. 

I have worked with middle and high school students in an alternative marine skills program for at risk youth.  We voyaged on a schooner and performed service projects on all the Hawaiian Islands.  I also worked as a substance abuse counselor at Olomana High School in Hawaii.  After leaving Hawaii, I returned to Florida and worked as a community educator for the county domestic violence shelter.  I supervised a teen dating violence program called Teen Rap.  I enjoyed visiting area high school and middle school students and sharing the dangers of unhealthy relationships.  How to spot them, and what to do about them.  After that I was fortunate to be offered a job teaching second grade at my childhood elementary school.  I taught second grade at Sheffield Elementary School for 3 years.  I then transferred to Enterprise Learning Academy where I taught second grade for two years.  My husband Kraig, who is a Chief in the United States Navy was then transferred to Texas and I have had the pleasure of becoming a member of the Monday Primary Family first as a long term substitute teacher, and last year as a first grade teacher.

My husband and I have a beautiful and precocious daughter named Keely.  She is 15 months old, and quite the charmer.  She attends daycare at the school, and I love being able to see her during the day. 

I can't wait to start the year with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment